Certificate Level – Dressmaking
It takes about 2 Years [includes 6(+) modules] of study to complete if you approach it like full-time learning.
- Principles of Couture Design.
- Essential competent sewing skills.
- Textile basics.
- Technical sketches.
- Pattern making.
- Custom fitting.
- Planning and organizing work tasks and schedules.
- Assessing, estimating and purchasing for projects.
- Accurate record keeping for billing.
- Creating your own contract for clients.
Diploma Level – Couturier Tailor
6 Modules for advanced study or professional development.
This would take 2 years to complete if you approached it like full-time study. You can take these modules at a pace that suits you over time, or as part-time learning.
- Advanced methods and techniques for those who have successfully completed the Certificate Level
- Illustrating basics – styles and body forms.
- Complex pattern making techniques.
- Utilizing materials such as leather, fur, beaded fabric, etc.
- Underpinning and structuring methods.
- Advanced tailoring for ladies and men’s wear.
- Creating original embellishments.
- Discussions for developing client relations.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: